Raymarine forum
Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen (/showthread.php?tid=1207)

Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Redlegvzv - 06-20-16 03:35 PM

The manual for the i70 says that it will do three-box screens for a Favorites screen that can contain digital data. In fact the illustration in the manual shows this.

It will allow a simple graphic item such as the depth guage item (looks kind of like a thermometer) to be placed in the box, but that is all it will allow.

My i70 will not allow any digital item to be placed in a 3 box screen. For example, it will not allow COG, Heading, and BTW to all be placed in each of three boxes. Works fine for the six box screen.

Is this a software glitch or am I missing something?

RE: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-20-16 03:54 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Redlegvzv,

It is recommended that you try using the New Page option to create a 3-cell Favorites page and then populate it with numeric data ... I similarly had no issues editing an existing 3-cell Favorites page to include numeric data.

Should the problem persist, then please specify the version of software which is presently installed within your i70 MFID.

RE: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Redlegvzv - 06-23-16 10:37 AM

Can you tell me how to check the software version? Could not find any "about" type screen.

RE: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-23-16 11:15 AM

Redlegvzv,

The command sequence MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT DISPLAY will specify the version of software which is currently installed within the i70 MFID.

RE: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Redlegvzv - 06-23-16 08:10 PM

Got it. I am running V 3.05.

It absolutely will not populate a three box screen. It populated a 4 box screen fine.

RE: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-24-16 08:08 AM

Redlegvzv,

It is recommended that a Factory Reset (MENU->SET-UP->FACTORY RESET) be performed and that the i70 then be tested again with respect to this feature.

RE: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Redlegvzv - 06-24-16 09:14 AM

OK.

RE: Raymarine i70 won't do 3 box screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-24-16 09:48 AM

Noted.