Raymarine forum
E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 (/showthread.php?tid=1275)

Pages: 1 2

E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - seeray96 - 06-28-16 10:17 AM

The DSM has been working with the E120 for around 5 yrs - never a
problem. This summer, I can't get the dsm info to the databar in the Navigation mode. Where the DSM info used to appear on the databar (labeled Local) is blank. The boat icon at the upper right of the display shows the sound waves. If I change to the Fishfinder mode, the display shows the normal DSM data and graphics.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-28-16 10:51 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum seeray96,

What specific Data Item (Depth, Speed, Temperature, etc.) are you seeking add/see in the databar? Please additionally attach a photo(s) of the issue you are seeking to correct.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - seeray96 - 06-28-16 02:42 PM

Attached is a jpg of the E120 screen showing no DSM info. It used to show depth.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - seeray96 - 06-29-16 08:30 AM

I'm trying to get depth data in the Databar (or somewhere) on the Navigation page.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-29-16 11:05 AM

Seeray96,

Information concerning how the configure the MFD's Databar may be found within section 18.3 - Changing the Databar of the E-Series Classic MFD Reference Guide. Data items may be added to the Databar by performing the following:
1) press the MENU button
2) use the trackpad to highlight DATABAR SETUP and then press the right arrow on the trackpad
3) use the trackpad to highlight CONFIGURE and then press the right arrow on the trackpad
4) press the ADD DATA function key
5) use the trackpad to highlight the desired data group (in this case DEPTH) and then press the right arrow on the trackpad
6) use the trackpad to highlight the desired data item (in this case DEPTH) and then press the right arrow on the trackpad to highlight NUMERIC
7) press the OK button repeatedly until all dialogs are closed

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - seeray96 - 07-08-16 03:16 PM

Finally got the depth info to the Databar - thanks for the help. One thing, however, has me a bit confused. The space on the bar above Local/System is black - no data. If I have the Databar loaded with info in the first four "blocks" - adding another item will not "push" previous items into the vacant spot. Instead, by adding the new item I lose an item previously installed, and the vacant spot stays black.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-08-16 03:29 PM

seeray96,

When new Data items are added to the Databar, the highlighted data item (the highlighted data item may be selected using the trackpad's right/left arrows) will be shifted to the right and new data item will be inserted in its place. The horizontal space required/used by each data item is not the same, is fixed and cannot be adjusted. Accordingly, some data items will take up more space within the Databar than others. If seeking to list additional data items within the Databar, it is recommended that one consider removing the Transducer Status data item as the information supplied is essentially redundant.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - seeray96 - 07-26-16 01:39 PM

More on the E120. I'm seriously considering upgrading to either the E125 or the eS127. I started the updated SeaTalkng network when I changed to a RS130 GPS last year. However I'm still using a lot of the older equipment at the helm - Raytheon R40XX Raster Screen radar, DSM300, Raymarine S3 Course Computer, Raytheon Raypilot 650, Raymarine Tridata series, etc. Also, I have two transducers installed - a "smart triducer" which feeds the ST60 via SeaTalk, and a B60-200 which feeds the DSM300 to the E120.
I don't fish, so I'm hoping I don't have to change everything at once, e.g. leave the autopilot, course computer and Tridata on the existing network. Presumably, I would be able to start with the purchase of either eS127 or E125.
I'd appreciate any comments and recommendations about getting this plan started.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-26-16 04:35 PM

seeray96,

We're beginning to stray from the original topic now, but I'll respond to state that of the items which you have listed, only the radar equipment cannot be either directly interfaced to or adapted for use with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: E120 Classic MFD with DSM300 - seeray96 - 07-26-16 06:17 PM

Thanks, Chuck. Can you direct me to a site that shows a comparison between the E120, E125 and eS127?