Raymarine forum
annoying waypoint alarm - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: annoying waypoint alarm (/showthread.php?tid=1276)

annoying waypoint alarm - E.hatch2086@cox.net - 06-28-16 03:13 PM

Hi I have multiple MFD's at two locations two C120 classics and a ES78.
They are interfaced together and connected to my auto pilot. If I am following a route on my ES78 as I approach a way point the waypoint arrival alarm sounds on all three displays. I can turn off the alarms at the upper helm (C120 and ES78) as that is where I am , but the lower helm is not practical to turn off the alarm. Is there any way to stop the alarm from occurring? Thanks

RE: annoying waypoint alarm - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-30-16 10:15 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum E.hatch2086,

You have identified one of the limitations of the currently available SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's software. For the benefit of other who may be viewing this thread, the issue reported is that cancellation of a Waypoint Arrival Alarm and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD will not in turn cancel the Waypoint Arrival Alarm reported on C-Series Classic MFDs which have been interfaced to the system via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. A feature request will be submitted to consider a feature change to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which will permit the state of the Arrival Alarm to be bridged from SeaTalkng to SeaTalk within a future SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions..

RE: annoying waypoint alarm - E.hatch2086@cox.net - 07-01-16 11:46 AM

Thanks,if that update gets done can I somehow update my item then?

RE: annoying waypoint alarm - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-05-16 08:57 AM

E.hatch2086,

Should the correction/software update be to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, then the software update may be performed via the eS78 MFD.