Raymarine forum
Commissioning S3G and Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Commissioning S3G and Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive (/showthread.php?tid=1299)

Commissioning S3G and Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive - bbayne - 07-02-16 07:38 PM

I have an older S3G Course Computer and a Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive. In the Commissioning manual there is a section on setting the drive type. There are 3 drive types; Type 3 (Linear, Rotary, I/O), Type 4 (Hydraulic reversing pump), and Type 5 (Constant running hydraulic pumps).

I'm thinking my Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive falls under the category of Type 3 as it is a linear drive. Is this correct?

Are there any other common mistakes or questions people have during the commissioning process of these older units?

Thanks!

RE: Commissioning S3G and Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-05-16 10:13 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bbayne,

When used with hydraulic linear drives, the Type 4 (Hydraulic reversing pump) option should be selected.

RE: Commissioning S3G and Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive - bbayne - 07-09-16 07:30 PM

Thank you! Odd, as it seems more logical to use Type 3. Glad I asked the question.

RE: Commissioning S3G and Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive - Mark - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-11-16 01:47 PM

You're Welcome.