Raymarine forum
Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD (/showthread.php?tid=1645)

Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD - Lazybones - 08-15-16 11:23 AM

Attached is a jpeg representing what I believe to be the proper connections from the e165 MFD to the Quantum radar.

Can you please confirm.

Also, just to be sure, are the plugs on the MFD and the HS5 switch female, therefore the plug ends on the cables should be male?

Thanks again.

RE: Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-15-16 12:45 PM

Lazybones,

Your diagram concerning how the devices having Ethernet Network interfaces would be connected to the MFD is correct.

Q1) Are the plugs on the MFD and the HS5 switch female, therefore the plug ends on the cables should be male?
A1) Negative. The MFD and HS5 RayNet Network Switch have male sockets to accept cables terminated with a RayNet (F) plug (ex. Quantum Data Cables, Digital Radar Cables, RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cables, etc.).

RE: Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD - Lazybones - 08-15-16 10:41 PM

Thanks again Chuck:

I am planning to use the Raynet cable from the MFD to the HS5 switch, that cable is 20M A80006 which should be Female to Female.

I am planning to use the Data Cable from the Quantum, to the switch A80310, which is 15M, and should be female to female ends.

Assuming lengths are correct, are these the correct part numbers?

I originally thought the Raynet cable from the MFD to the switch would be the same as the data cable from the switch to the Quantum Radar, but I assume this is not the case and they are different?

RE: Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-16-16 08:53 AM

Lazybones,

Q1: Assuming lengths are correct, are these the correct part numbers?
A1: Yes

Q2: I originally thought the Raynet cable from the MFD to the switch would be the same as the data cable from the switch to the Quantum Radar, but I assume this is not the case and they are different?
A2: From the perspective of communications and plug types, RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) and Quantum Data Cables are equivalent. However, the Quantum Data Cables are more heavily constructed to protect them from direct exposure to the marine environment.

RE: Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD - Lazybones - 08-16-16 11:26 AM

Thank you Chuck:

Really appreciate yourn thoroughness and promptness. It does make a difference.

RE: Qauntum Radar to e165 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-16-16 03:37 PM

You're welcome.