Raymarine forum
E120 Classic Software Update - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: E120 Classic Software Update (/showthread.php?tid=1773)

E120 Classic Software Update - mistertj - 09-02-16 09:52 AM

Recently received notification of Evolution Autopilot software update. It says that I need MFD software that at least R13+. Downloaded R17 but it is huge...900+meg to my computer. Don't think it'll fit on my 512meg compact flash. Noticed many items in the update that I do not have in my system. Do I delete those from the update? Do I have to get a larger size compact flash?
Thank you.

RE: E120 Classic Software Update - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-02-16 10:18 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mistertj,

The reference to the MFD having software that at least R13+ is referring to the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, not to the generations of MFD which preceded them. In the case of legacy MFDs such as yours, you will find files to update your EV-1/2 Sensor Core, ACU, and p70/p70R autopilot control head via an E-Series Classic MFD (ex. E120) on the respective autopilot component's (i.e. EV-1/2, ACU, p70/p70R) software updated web page. When updating the software in Evolution autopilot components, the software within the EV-1/2 Sensor Core should be updated first.

RE: E120 Classic Software Update - mistertj - 09-04-16 02:03 PM

I will update to the latest software revision for my Classic E-120 and then do individual updates for autopilot components. Will I then have the improved R4 performance from my autopilot? :)

RE: E120 Classic Software Update - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-12-16 10:02 AM

mistertj,

The Evolution R4 autopilot software enhancements are not dependent upon the version of software installed within the E-Series Classic MFD ... however the E-Series Classic MFD must be updated with v5.69 software to effectively perform as a SeaTalkng device.