Raymarine forum
Problem reported when attaching PNG file to my thread - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Problem reported when attaching PNG file to my thread (/showthread.php?tid=178)

Problem reported when attaching PNG file to my thread - nigelmercier - 02-17-16 05:24 PM

I can't find a forum about the forum, so I guess I'll have to post here.

I just tried to post a PNG attachment, it was not allowed. I think this is an error.

RE: PNG Attachment? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-17-16 05:40 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nigel,

PNG files are indeed permitted as attachments to threads within this Forum. However, the size of image files (.gif, .jpg, .png, etc.) is limited to 500kB. We have tested this feature with both administrator and user accounts. You may want to consider trying another browser. This Forum has been tested with the Chrome browser. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that you respond with the name of the browser which your are using and consider converting the .png file to a .jpg file for any future image attachments.

RE: Problem reported when attaching PNG file to my thread - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-18-16 03:55 PM

Nigel,

Unfortunately, we have no clear answer regarding why your .png file was rejected, as the .png files tested were successfully added to threads. Should you not have been successful in attaching the .png file to a thread using a PC, then it is recommended that you convert the image to a .jpg file and then attach the .jpg file to the thread.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=34]