Raymarine forum
Replace C80 with e97 or es98? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: Replace C80 with e97 or es98? (/showthread.php?tid=1923)

Replace C80 with e97 or es98? - rejackson73 - 10-03-16 04:26 PM

The 'E' series are on a fire sale now with some vendors, and I'm thinking about replacing my C80 MFD with an E97. Does anybody have any advice on the C80 -> E97 swap? I'm thinking about the Es98, but I'm not sure I would use all of the features entailed for my 38' coastal cruiser....

RE: Replace C80 with e97 or es98? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-04-16 09:01 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rejackson73,

With the exception of the fishfinder features, the e97 and eS98 MFDs are functionally equivalent. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. With respect to fishfinder sonar features, the e97 MFD supports traditional 600W 50/200 kHz fishfinder imaging while the eS98 supports 600' CHIRP (conical) fishfinder and DownVision fishfinder imaging. The ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFDs may be fitted with transom mounted, in-hull, or through hull transducers while the ax8/eSx8 MFDs may only be fitted with transom mounted or through hull transducers. While the e-Series MFDs have proven to be a very robust and reliable MFD design, the design and hardware improvements found within eS-Series MFDs may make it the preferred choice for those seeking to maximize support for a new MFD purchase.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of a C-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.