Raymarine forum
Transfer waypoints - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NAVAIDS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: Transfer waypoints (/showthread.php?tid=2106)

Transfer waypoints - Mbayuk - 11-14-16 11:10 AM

I am upgrading from an SL70RC Plus to an ES97. I currently have many way points stored on the SL70. Is there a way to transfer these way points to the new ES97 unit? Note that the SL70 uses Cmap and the ES97 will have Navionics cards.

RE: Transfer waypoints - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-16-16 03:40 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mbayuk,

Unfortunately, unlike MFD designs which preceded the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs do not support waypoint/route transfer via their NMEA 0183 interfaces. Also, the waypoint/route file format utilized by the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays is a C-Map proprietary format while waypoint/route/track file format supported by the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs is the somewhat universally supported GPX file format. This would typically rule out having a customer transfer such data via file from a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Display to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. In this case should you export your waypoint/route data to a C-Map 128kb User Card and then send the User Card to my attention via Raymarine’s Product Repair Center, then I may be able to produce a GPX file containing your waypoint and route data from the data stored on the C-Map User Card.