Raymarine forum
compatability - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: compatability (/showthread.php?tid=2175)

compatability - miketcook1953 - 11-29-16 12:28 PM

I currently have an a78 mdcp (multi display chart plotter) and am hopefully, if I am on the good list, will be getting the ok to purchase the eS78 radar system. The a78 is mounted below and the eS78 mounted at the helm. Will these two units communicate easily?
Thanks for letting me join forum.

RE: compatability - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-29-16 01:30 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Indeed, the a78 MFD and eS78 MFD may be networked to one another to share all system data and resources (except for NTSC/PAL video) with one another. Such communications is accomplished via an Ethernet network. As the a6x and a7x MFD feature only one Ethernet NETWORK socket and you will be interfacing three devices having Ethernet communications interfaces (a78, eS78, and HD Radome or HD/Super HD Open Array Pedestal) to one another, it will be necessary to install a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The Digital Radar Cable will be interfaced to power and to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The Ethernet NETWORK socket of each MFD will be interfaced to the RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

If considering a installation of a Quantum Radome, then please respond accordingly.