Raymarine forum
Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC (/showthread.php?tid=2270)

Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC - Deannelsonrn@gmail.com - 12-21-16 08:09 PM

Can someone please guide me to as where to place the transducer on the back of my new Mako ProSKiff 17 CC...I have heard center, starboard side..I have included photos of my hull and transducer...

RE: Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-22-16 11:25 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Deannelsonrn,

From the transom view, the hull appears to be similar to tri-hull designs (like the Classic Whaler that I once owned), but its three hulls carry through to the transom. It it recommended that you consider installing the transducer on the lower inboard side of the starboard hull. Mounting the transducer too high on the hull may expose it to air trapped between the center and starboard hulls. As these hulls typically have little draft while on plane, the hull's design may expose the transducer to an aerated flow of water at higher speeds, causing the sounder to lose contact with the bottom until boat speed is reduced.

RE: Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC - Deannelsonrn@gmail.com - 12-23-16 07:40 AM

Thank you for your answer... But I am a little confused....inboard?....How would I do that?....doesn't the transducer need to be "in" the water?...would I have to cut a [censored] in the hull?.....Are there different transducer that I would need?

Thanks,

Dean

RE: Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-23-16 08:38 AM

Dean,

In nautical terms, a reference to inboard is intended to indicate in a direction which is further toward the boat's keel ... in the case of tri-hull designs, further toward the center hull's keel. Accordingly, the transducer must be mounted on the transom, but should be mounted to the port side of the starboard hull's keel.

RE: Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC - Deannelsonrn@gmail.com - 12-23-16 07:35 PM

Aweeeee ok thank you ..and thanks for your patience..

RE: Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-23-16 10:11 PM

You're welcome.