Raymarine forum
what is the purpose of the on/off button - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: what is the purpose of the on/off button (/showthread.php?tid=2857)

what is the purpose of the on/off button - the Brain - 04-11-17 07:37 AM

The WF seams to turn itself on when 12V DC is applied and leave itself on even when pressing the on/off button. At the end of my boating day I electricalley disconnect all 12V DC power ( I have a aluimin hull).

?.what is the purpose of the on/off button it either turns on or off?

RE: what is the purpose of the on/off button - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-11-17 01:09 PM

Steve,

The Wi-Fish is switched OFF by holding its POWER button pressed for approximately seven seconds. When switched OFF via its POWER button, the Wi-Fish's Wi-Fi and Status LEDs will each no longer be illuminated. Switching the Wi-Fish OFF will cause the Wi-Fish to remain OFF until the Wi-Fish's POWER button is pressed or the circuit supplying power to the Wi-Fish is switched OFF and then ON again. Should one desire that the Wi-Fish not be powered ON when the circuit supplying power to the Wi-Fish is switched ON, then it is recommended that an ON/OFF switch be installed within the circuit supplying the Wi-Fish with power.