Raymarine forum
Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 (/showthread.php?tid=3000)

Pages: 1 2

Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - mpwarz - 05-01-17 03:28 PM

I just took delivery of a new 2017 Crownline boat with a Raymarine A65 MFD unit. I have gone through all the set-up information, but in the Navigate menu there is no option for the dock-to-dock shown. I have done all the trouble shooting that I have seen on-line. I have the newest maps loaded, have Lighthouse II V 17.46. I have set the boat min depth on both the map software as well as the Raymarine unit. I tried to eject and place back the SD card, as one of the trouble shooting tips listed. No luck thus far. Looking for any help that I can get.

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-01-17 03:37 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mpwarz,

Please note that problems associated with incorrectly recognizing the Navionics subscription state have been addressed within the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v19.03 software update. It is accordingly recommended that the MFD's software be update accordingly. The Navionics+ chart cards sold individually by Navionics dealers as well as those packaged with MFDs (Raymarine or third party) are not populated by Navionics with Sonar Charts, required data content for autorouting. Accordingly, the Navionics chart card must be not only be updated with Navionics Nautical Charts Freshest Data updates, but also Navionics Sonar Charts Freshest Data updates as well.

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - mpwarz - 05-02-17 06:00 AM

Thanks for the quick response Chuck. I have the newest charts, including Sonar, from the Avionics site. How do I get my MFD unit updated to the v19.03 software?

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-02-17 08:17 AM

mpwarz,

Please click on the link provided within my initial response. On that web page, the you will find software update history, a link to download the software, and a link for the software update instructions. Should the MFD have a Wi-Fi communications interface, then this interface may be used to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot to update the MFD's software (as well as that of many other Raymarine which may have been interfaced to the MFD). Detailed instructions for commanding the MFD to check online for updates may be found within Section 3.20 System software updates of the LightHouse II Release 17 Operating Instructions.

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - rattletrap - 05-18-17 01:30 PM

Thank you for this thread i'm having the same issue. I've updated my Navionics card with the sonar which i didn't do previously. My question is do i need to also do the vessels specks as well or can i just do it on my MFD?

Thank you

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-18-17 02:57 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rattletrap,

For clarification purposes, in order to execute the Dock to Dock feature the MFD,
- one must have an active Navionics Freshest Data Updates subscription for the Navionics chart card being used with the MFD, and
- and the chart card must be updated with both Nautical Charts and SonarCharts, and
- the MFD's Min. Safe Depth, Min. Safe Beam, and Min. Safe Height Boat Details must be configured within the MFD's settings (HOME->CUSTOMIZE->BOAT DETAILS).

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - rattletrap - 05-18-17 03:09 PM

Yes I have a one year "free" subscription with my new hotmaps platinum Navionics card. I'm going to attempt to updated the MFD's software this weekend and I'm hoping this resolves the issue and I'm able to use the dock to dock feature.

Thank you

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-18-17 03:29 PM

You're welcome.

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - mpwarz - 07-05-17 03:01 PM

I have been away from my boat for a few months, so I have just now been able to update my Raymarine unit to the newest OS 19.03. I have also loaded the most fresh maps. I still do not have the dock to dock option showing on my unit. Under Menu>>Navigate>> I then do not have the dock to dock option. Again my Raymarine came installed on my 2017 Crownline boat, so it is a new unit on a new boat. I have re-checked all the advice given on this forum and made sure I have all of the items needed loaded and configured.

Please Help!

Thanks.

RE: Dock to Dock function not present on A65 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-07-17 11:01 AM

mpwarz,

You will need to go a bit deeper into the Chart application's menu. The command sequence is MENU->NAVIGATE->BUILD ROUTE->DOCK-TO-DOCK AUTOROUTING.