Raymarine forum
e7D can only see one Fresh Water Tank - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: e7D can only see one Fresh Water Tank (/showthread.php?tid=3053)

e7D can only see one Fresh Water Tank - ed.lare@avidyachts.com - 05-08-17 04:19 PM

How many Instances of Fresh Water Tanks can the e7D recognize under the N2K Fluid Level PGN?

My e7D apparently is only able to see one and I have two Fresh Water tanks to monitor on the N2K/STng network. My N2K network analyzer can easily see both tanks properly configured as Fluid Level/Fresh Water/Instance 0 and Instance 1.

If the e7D design fails to support the N2K Standard and can only recognize one, could I configure the second as a Gray Water tank and fool the e7D into recognizing it that way?

Thanks, Lawrence

RE: e7D can only see one Fresh Water Tank - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-09-17 03:06 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lawrence,

Please click here to view a thread in which I had previously addressed this subject. While the NMEA 2000 Standard provides guidelines for assigning instance numbers, it does not specify the number of instances which a product must support. Unfortunately as of LightHouse II v19.03, only one tank each for fresh water, grey water, black water, and live well is supported.