Raymarine forum
SR100 and E125 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Marine Weather / Satellite Radio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+--- Thread: SR100 and E125 (/showthread.php?tid=3088)

SR100 and E125 - smorast - 05-14-17 09:26 PM

Chuck,

Thanks for your assistance with troubleshooting my SR100 to E125 connection. I was able to pull the attached diagnostics page showing successful communication. My question is, do I now just call sirius with the listed serial numbers for each radio (weather and audio) and subscribe to each? Is the software listed for the SR100 the mist current? Am I able to control sirius radio channel selection via E125 or is a separate controller required?

Thanks in advance,
Shane

RE: SR100 and E125 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-15-17 12:45 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Shane,

Q1: Do I now just call sirius with the listed serial numbers for each radio (weather and audio) and subscribe to each?
A1: Yes ... the numbers which you have shown are the ESNs for the SR100 SiriusXM Satellite Radio and Satellite Weather receivers respectively. Should you wish to subscribe for SiriusXM Marine Satellite Weather, then supply the ESN labeled Radio Sirius ID - Data. Should you wish to subscribe for SiriusXM Satellite Radio, then supply the ESN labeled Radio Sirius ID - Audio.

A2: Is the software listed for the SR100 the mist current?
A2: Within the diagnostic listing (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE) for the SR100, the version of software which is currently installed will be listed. The only device through which Raymarine had designed the SR100 to be updated via was an E-Series Classic MFD. Accordingly, should a SR100 require a software update, then it would need to be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be updated.

Q3: Am I able to control sirius radio channel selection via E125 or is a separate controller required?
A3: Should the SR100 be used as the system's SiriusXM Satellite Radio receiver, then the MFD's SiriusXM Audio app would be used to control SiriusXM channel selection.

RE: SR100 and E125 - smorast - 05-15-17 11:18 PM

Thanks, Chuck.

Not sure, but think the previously attached files included the software version. Will attempt reattaching here. I think the sr100 is showing up as sdr and the sdr software version is 200707152118.

Please confirm this theory and that the version number loaded will work. If not the correct number, what will not work due to the version number being old. I do not have time to send off and wait for update, unless this can be performed in less than 5 days, including shipping back and forth. Help...

Thanks,
Shane

RE: SR100 and E125 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-16-17 08:36 AM

Shane,

Per the FAQ found here, the latest software release for the SR100 is version SDR200707152118 released in January 2008 ... this is the same version of software which you have indicated is installed within your SR100. Accordingly, your SR100 is in need of no software update. The initial version of SR100 software did not support Sirius Satellite Radio.