Raymarine forum
DST-800 Installation - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: DST-800 Installation (/showthread.php?tid=311)

DST-800 Installation - stephenvnoe - 03-08-16 08:54 AM

Having problems getting a dst800 to seat in the thru hull with valve included with the transducer.

I am using yellow o-ring but transducer is very difficult to tighten and will not seat to the bottom of the thru hull. It appears to be about 1/4 to 3/8" from seating flush with the external surface of the thru hull.

Is there some trick to seating the yellow o-ring in the insert that would fix this?

RE: DST-800 Installation - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-08-16 10:06 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Stephen,

The rotational force which you have described for the transducer's locking ring is considered normal with non-lubricated o-rings. After I applied a light coating of biodegradable soap to the o-rings of my DST-800, the force required to rotate the locking ring was reduced significantly, permitting the transducer insert then be easily within its housing.

RE: DST-800 Installation - stephenvnoe - 03-08-16 10:34 AM

Yes, I tried that using the silicone grease that came with it. That did make it easier, but it never went all the way in. Is that normal?

RE: DST-800 Installation - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-08-16 11:33 AM

No. When fully seated, the depth sensing portion of the insert should be flush with the face of the housing. It is recommended that you verify that both o-rings have been lubricated, that you have not damaged the housing and insert's treads through cross-theading, and if not, that the locking ring be further rotated to force the insert further into its housing.