Raymarine forum
ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD (/showthread.php?tid=3647)

ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD - David OMorchoe - 07-27-17 07:21 PM

My local installer has replaced my E Classics with and eS127 master, eS128 slave, new HD raydome, with various cables, starter and converter kits recommended by our local Raymarine rep. Every thing, radar, AIS, chart plotter etc works great except for the auto pilot. The master MFD does not seem to recognize the auto pilot. I have updated the software on the MFDs. My installer has been on the phone with the local rep and they have not seemed to be able to sort out the issue. Recommendations? Is there a particular tech support person the installer should call?
Thanks
David

RE: ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-28-17 01:49 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Per the FAQ, have you verified that the Autoplot Control feature has been configured ON? If so, what model of autopilot course computer (ST6001 is autopilot's control head) is installed onboard?

RE: ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD - David OMorchoe - 07-28-17 03:18 PM

Hi Chuck,
Thanks for getting back to me. I will be on the boat this weekend so can check to determine what model the course computer is. I have configured to ON. Thanks for the FAQ as well. I will get back to you with the info. Have a great weekend!
David

RE: ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-28-17 03:30 PM

You're welcome.

RE: ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD - David OMorchoe - 08-01-17 12:26 AM

Hi Chuck,
The newest info from tech support to my installer is the need for a Seatalk 1 to SeatalkNG converter kit. Does this sound correct? I know that my auto pilot is a Raymarine autopilot course computer but I don't know if it is a S1, S2, or S3. Apparently the installer had the model info while talking to tech support. Is it a simple hook up next to the current course computer?
Thanks for your help,
David

RE: ST6001 Smartpilot controller connection to eS127 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-01-17 07:51 AM

David,

Should a compatible autopilot having a SeaTalk communications interface be currently installed onboard, then a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which has been updated with the latest software would indeed permit the MFD to communicate with the autopilot and would support the MFD's Autopilot Controls feature (see the FAQ referenced within my prior response). Should the autopilot presently be interfaced to the MFD via NMEA 0183 communications protocol, then this NMEA 0183 connection to the pilot will need to be disconnected. While it is technically simple to install the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, each vessel will differ in accessibility and time required to chase cables.
Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how SeaTalk devices such as a compatible autopilot having a SeaTalk communications interface would be interfaced the eS127 MFD.