Raymarine forum
Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 (/showthread.php?tid=3652)

Pages: 1 2

Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - jblumhorst - 07-28-17 12:04 PM

Hi,

What's the least expensive chart plotter that will allow me to use Navionic's Dock-to-Dock Autorouting with my ST1000 Autopilot.

BTW, I have a Micronet/TackTick system with the T122 NMEA 0183

Thanks!

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-28-17 01:43 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Judy,

Any model of Raymarine's a-Series MFDs, e-Series MFDs (retired), eS-Series MFDs, are gS-Series MFDs are ally presently able to support Navionics Dock-to-Dock Autorouting and may be adapted to support interfacing with both SeaTalk (ex. ST2000+) and NMEA 0183 (ex. TackTick) devices such as those which you have listed. Of these MFDs, the a-Series MFDs are Raymarine's value priced MFDs.

In the future, Raymarine's recently introduced Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs will feature support for Navionics Dock-to-Dock Autorouting.

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - jblumhorst - 07-29-17 01:00 PM

Thank you for your reply.

Do all the A65's have wifi? Or was it optional? There's a used one for sale online.

Will an a65 5.7" Mfd Touchscreen Display E70162 WIFI connect to my ST2000?

Thank you

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-31-17 07:47 AM

Judy,

Q1. Do all the A65's have wifi? Or was it optional? There's a used one for sale online.
A1. Negative. The E70162 version of the a65 MFD features Wi-Fi communications circuitry. Th E70076 version of the a65 MFD did not feature Wi-Fi communications circuitry.

Q2. Will an a65 5.7" Mfd Touchscreen Display E70162 WIFI connect to my ST2000?
A2. Yes. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how devices such as the ST2000 having a SeaTalk communications interface may be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - jblumhorst - 07-31-17 11:44 AM

Thank you, Chuck. I really appreciate your answers - they are clear and direct.

Which chartplotters will take advantage of my existing Micronet system, ST2000 (and ST1000 backup.) and Navionics Dock-to-Dock/ipad?

Does Lighthouse incorporate polar diagrams? How?

I have my eye on a new e7 - will it do all of the above?

Here's my existing system:

T111 Multifunctional wireless dual display
T112 Multifunctional wireless analogue display
T120 Wireless wind transmitter
T121 Hull transmitter
T122 Wireless interface
T911 Speed and temperature transducer
T912 Depth transducer
T070 Racemaster compass
T113 Multifunctional wireless remote display
ST2000 Plus & ST1000 Plus for backup

Judy

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-31-17 12:33 PM

Judy,

As indicated within my initial response, any model of Raymarine's a-Series MFDs, e-Series MFDs (retired), eS-Series MFDs, are gS-Series MFDs are ally presently able to support Navionics Dock-to-Dock Autorouting and may be adapted to support interfacing with both SeaTalk (ex. ST2000+) and NMEA 0183 (ex. TackTick) devices such as those which you have listed. In the case of the TackTick products, Raymarine has recently introduced the Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway to support integration of the TackTick products with products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface (ex. Raymarine's a-Series MFDs, e-Series MFDs (retired), eS-Series MFDs, are gS-Series MFDs).

Regarding polars, Raymarine's Raymarine's a-Series MFDs, e-Series MFDs (retired), eS-Series MFDs, are gS-Series MFDs running LightHouse II v19.03 software are designed to import polar tables to permit laylines to be calculated and displayed within the MFD's Chart application. Detailed information on this subject may be found within the corresponding sections of LightHouse II Release 17 Operating Instructions.

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - jblumhorst - 07-31-17 12:43 PM

Thank you again, Chuck.

Just one more question, please:

Will this e7 require the Micro-Talk Wireless Gateway to support integration with the TackTick system?

http://www.raymarine.com/store/refurbished/e7/

Regards,
Judy

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-31-17 01:27 PM

Judy,

While it is recommended that the Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway be used achieve maximum performance with a system of TackTick instruments, it would also be possible to interface the NMEA 0183 output terminals of the T122 Wireless Interface to one set of NMEA 0183 input leads of any e/eS/gS-Series MFD (including the e7 MFD which you have referenced), a9x MFD, or a12x MFD to supply the MFD with wind, speed through water, depth, and water temperature data.

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - jblumhorst - 07-31-17 04:43 PM

Thank you again, Chuck, for your very clear answers.
With that info in hand, I ordered the e7 from the Raymarine store. I'll see how well it works without the Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway. I can always add the gateway later if I want enhanced peformance.

Do you know if the e7 will come with the latest version of the Lighthouse software, or will I need to update it?

Just curious, will it show bottom contours using the existing T912 Depth transducer? If not, what additional equipment would I need?

Judy

RE: Which chartplotter for Navionics Dock-to-Dock and ST1000 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-01-17 07:42 AM

Judy,

Q1. Do you know if the e7 will come with the latest version of the Lighthouse software, or will I need to update it?
A1. The MFD will likely be programmed with the latest version of software which was available when the MFD was re-manufactured. Should the MFD not be programmed with v19.03 a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software, then its software may easily be updated by its owner.

Q2. Just curious, will it show bottom contours using the existing T912 Depth transducer? If not, what additional equipment would I need?
A2. Negative. Unless interfaced to a fishfinding product w/compatible fishfinder transducer, the MFD's fishfinder imaging (to include bottom plot) will not be supported by the MFD. Should an instrument producing depth data be the only source of depth data for MFD, then the MFD will simply repeat the numerical depth value reported received from the depth instrument.