Raymarine forum
net working I40 and I50 Depth Instruments - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: net working I40 and I50 Depth Instruments (/showthread.php?tid=3662)

net working I40 and I50 Depth Instruments - freedom48 - 07-29-17 11:35 AM

My old depth sounders finally gave up the ghost and I would like to install an I-50 in my pilot house and an I-40 on the flybridge. Is it possible to use one transducer connected to the I-50 and connect the I-40 as a repeater?

RE: net working I40 and I50 Depth Instruments - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-31-17 10:36 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum freedom48,

It is indeed possible to do as you have suggested. Should the i50 Instrument not be interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which other products have been interfaced, then the i50 instrument and i40 instrument would simply be interfaced to one another via an assembly constructed from a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable, D244 SeaTalk Junction Block, and an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-Pin (F) plugs on each end of the cable. Should the i50 Instrument instead be interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which other products have been interfaced, then a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would need to be installed within the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The i40 instrument would then be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter via the supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable.