Raymarine forum
Expanded Rudder Indicator on P70s Display Head - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: Expanded Rudder Indicator on P70s Display Head (/showthread.php?tid=3721)

Expanded Rudder Indicator on P70s Display Head - Dan_Y - 08-07-17 02:07 PM

After performing the dockside wizard to calibrate the rudder angle transducer input to approximately +/-30 degrees, the user should be able to select three rudder scale ranges to display on the P70s. +/- 30 degrees (default), +/-20 degrees, and +/10 degrees.

For best helm and fastest speed during manual steering and while the Evolution Wheel pilot is engaged, I trim the sails for between 2-4 degrees of rudder deflection on our hunter 36. Having an expanded scale, e.g. +/- 10 degrees, would be really useful. I'm not usually concerned with rudder deflections beyond 10 degrees (I'm either turning or in real trouble and need to reef...haha).
Thanks
Dan

RE: Expanded Rudder Indicator on P70s Display Head - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-17-17 08:24 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

Thanks for the suggested feature addition. A feature request will be logged accordingly to consider this feature for inclusion within a future p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.