Raymarine forum
How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps (/showthread.php?tid=376)

How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps - sbender - 03-15-16 08:39 PM

When connected to my MFD's wifi and the MFD is not connected to any wifi to share (like when I'm out sailing), I cannot doing anything on the internet with my phone. To control my MFD I have to connect to its wifi and then if I want to read email, I have to turn wifi off on my phone. Huge headache switching back and forth. Am I missing something here? My third party MFD does not have this issue. I can be connected to my third Party MFD wifi and at the same time access the internet over the cell connection.

RE: How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-17-16 08:28 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sbender,

You may want to look at the solution specified here specifying how one may configure the smartphone to use its Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi device while using the cell for Internet access.

RE: How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps - sbender - 03-17-16 11:47 AM

That works. Thanks!!

Just note that the MFD could do this automically when it does not have wifi sharing connected.

RE: How access the Internet when outside marine while running Raymarine Mobile apps - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-17-16 12:38 PM

You're welcome.