Raymarine forum
RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: PC & Mobile (/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom (/showthread.php?tid=3850)

RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - cbt716 - 08-23-17 10:40 AM

I loaded the updated RayView and RayControl on my Verizon Xoom with android 4.1.2 and both apps crash immediately (app stopped unexpectedly msg). I was able to connect the Xoom to the Axiom wireless. I went ahead and reset the Xoom back to factory settings and reinstalled but both apps immediately error. This is showing as a supported device (Xoom - Stingray)

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-25-17 03:54 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cbt716,

How old is this tablet design? What are its screen specifications? Have you checked to determine whether a later version of the Android operating system is available for your Verizon Xoom?

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - cbt716 - 08-26-17 08:19 AM

Its from 2011 and has a 10.1 inch screen and the last offical android update was 4.1.2 Verizon 4G version (stingray) it is listed as a supported tablet under your RayContol app compatibility list http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=6843

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-28-17 09:20 AM

cbt716,

Should you verify that you have the XOOM Stingray, then I will submit a problem report to consider a software update to the RayView & RayControl to correct the reported issue.

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - cbt716 - 09-01-17 10:56 AM

Its the Verizon Motorola Xoom model MZ600 with 3G/4G

This is what I have found on the different versions:

Wingray is wifi only
Stingray is Verizon Lte
Stingray_cdma is Verizon 3g without lte upgrade
Umts_Everest is all the GSM xooms

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-01-17 12:11 PM

cbt716,

Unfortunately, the Motorola Xoom MZ600 is not among the list of mobile devices supported for use with the Raymarine Mobile Apps. You may want to try using a more recently manufactured Apple or Android tablet or smartphone.

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - cbt716 - 09-01-17 08:49 PM

Ok let me clarify this..The Motorola Xoom MZ600 is the Xoom Stingray.

according to http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=6843 the Xoom - Stingray is on the compatibility list and it looks like all the different models of Xoom's are also on the compatibility list.

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-12-17 12:57 PM

cbt716,

One last set of questions before I submit a problem report:
- from what site did you download the RayControl and RayViewer apps?
- were the Raymarine apps downloaded directly from the corresponding site into the Xoom or were they downloaded to another device and then copied onto the Xoom?

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - cbt716 - 09-12-17 01:08 PM

RayControl and RayViewer were downloaded directly to the Xoom from it's Google Play Store app.

RE: RayControl and RayViewer on Xoom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-12-17 02:59 PM

Thanks,

I'll log the problem report accordingly.