Raymarine forum
a125 waypoint download issues - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: a125 waypoint download issues (/showthread.php?tid=396)

a125 waypoint download issues - eric1528 - 03-18-16 03:40 PM

Just purchased( 2) a125 mfd, evo 200, cp370 for my boat and had it all installed. I am having all kinds of trouble getting my waypoints downloaded. I have converted them to a gpx file, tried gps babel, gps utility, easy gps and raytech and every time i try to download it says failure. I have changed the number of characters to 16 or less as suggested by some. I had a friends file from his garmin and it downloaded flawlessly.

RE: a125 waypoint download issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-19-16 04:28 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eric,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Additionally, note the second FAQ referenced therein addressing waypoint constraints. Should the problem persist after having ensured that your waypoint data does not violate the specified constraints and that you have correctly produced a GPX file containing your waypoint data, then attach your GPX file to this thread for further analysis.

RE: a125 waypoint download issues - eric1528 - 04-05-16 03:53 PM

Tried to download a USR file and the RWF file from Raynet but the system would not allow it, so I downloaded what I think is the GPX file with all of the waypoints.Thanks for your help...

RE: a125 waypoint download issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-06-16 09:32 AM

Eric,

I have examined your GPX file and it contains several duplicate waypoint names (Semarca, Ne Grounds South, Ne Grounds North, 15 Off Mound N, etc.). These will need to be addrressed. Choosing to option to "Copy as new waypoint" permitted the waypoints (1096) from your GPX file to be loaded. As indicated during our phone conversation, it is possible that there may also be naming conflicts with the waypoint data from the previously imported Garmin GPX file. After addressing the duplicate waypoints issue, I would recommend that import the Garmin GPX file into Voyage Planner (or planning tool of your choice) along with your GPX file and then resolve any naming issues. As indicated, constraints of your MFD must be adhered to ... including the total number of waypoints which may reside with the MFD's memory at any time. Attempting to import waypoints from a file which would exceed the MFD's waypoint memory may result in errors.

Also, I have added support for .usr and .rwf attachments. Please try to attach them again.

RE: a125 waypoint download issues - eric1528 - 04-06-16 11:06 AM

Additional files attached.

RE: a125 waypoint download issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-06-16 01:44 PM

Eric,

Per the message left on your phone, several of the waypoints within your .usr file have waypoint names exceeding 16 characters. It is recommended that GPS Utility or Voyage Planner (I believe that GPS Utility may be easier to use for the purposes stated within this response) be used to reduce the name length of any waypoint having a name which is currently longer than 16 characters. When doing so, attention must be paid to ensuring that no duplicate waypoint name result from the reduction in the number of characters used for each waypoint's name. After doing so, then command GPS Utility to save the waypoint data (FILE->SAVE AS) to a GPX file (SAVE AS TYPE: GPX). This GPX file may then be imported into your MFD's memory. You may want to consider using GPS Utility to aid in merging the waypoint data from this and your other waypoint files.

RE: a125 waypoint download issues - eric1528 - 04-11-16 01:22 PM

All good..finally worked, thank you for your help.

RE: a125 waypoint download issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-11-16 03:18 PM

You're welcome.