Raymarine forum
Chart view in Wi-Fish Android App - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: PC & Mobile (/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: Chart view in Wi-Fish Android App (/showthread.php?tid=3971)

Chart view in Wi-Fish Android App - Sbrettsc - 09-14-17 07:29 PM

According to the description in the Google Play App Store I should be able to view the chart display on the phone through the Wi-Fish app when connected to my Dragonfly 5 Pro. However, the only choices I have in the app are for the two sonar views.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know why I'm not getting the full functionality of the app?

RE: Chart view in Wi-Fish Android App - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-15-17 08:47 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sbrettsc,

Q1. According to the description in the Google Play App Store I should be able to view the chart display on the phone through the Wi-Fish app when connected to my Dragonfly 5 Pro.
A1. This is not quite correct. The MFD will display either the corresponding Google Map or Apple map should it have been viewed prior to running the Wi-Fish app. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: Chart view in Wi-Fish Android App - Sbrettsc - 09-15-17 07:27 PM

Thanks for the explanation Chuck. So if I understand the link you posted correctly I need to first open google maps and navigate to the area that I am boating in. Then connect to the fish finder and open the app. At that point I should see the light blue icon in the menu that will open up the map view within the app. Does that sound correct?

Is that also the required sequence to use the new augmented reality view?

RE: Chart view in Wi-Fish Android App - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-18-17 09:05 AM

Sbrettsc,

The procedure which you have specified is correct. In practice, most users find the Navionics Boating app much better, as it not only supports displaying live fishfinder plots from the Dragonfly product, but also supports displaying detailed Navionics cartography along with the vessel's position being plotted. Most find the chart downloaded by Google/Apple Maps and displayed by the Wi-Fish app as well as the Augmented Reality feature of the Wi-Fish app to be of very limited value with respect to navigation.