Raymarine forum
Depth Transducer Troubleshooting / Replacement - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: Depth Transducer Troubleshooting / Replacement (/showthread.php?tid=4004)

Depth Transducer Troubleshooting / Replacement - kcmrock - 09-20-17 01:33 PM

Two years ago I purchased a 1998 Hunter 340. It came with an Autohelm ST30 depth instrument. The transducer is a thru-hull type. The boat is in the water.

This season the depth indicator stopped working; the display still works but reads 0.00. I have checked connections on the back of the display and visually inspected the wiring as best as I can.

I would appreciate your assistance with the following questions:

1) From a post on your site ("Fault isolation of depth acquisition problem associated with a depth sounding product") it appears that there is not a way of checking the transducer with a multimeter. Is that correct?

2) If I need to replace the depth transducer, can you recommend a product that is compatible with my display unit, and will fit the existing thru-hull fitting?

I have attached a copy of a couple of pages from my product manual with some information to help identify / confirm the model.

Thank you.

RE: Depth Transducer Troubleshooting / Replacement - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-20-17 02:06 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kcmrock,

Q1) From a post on your site ("Fault isolation of depth acquisition problem associated with a depth sounding product") it appears that there is not a way of checking the transducer with a multimeter. Is that correct?
A1) Yes.

Q2) If I need to replace the depth transducer, can you recommend a product that is compatible with my display unit, and will fit the existing thru-hull fitting?
A2) Unfortunately, ST30 instruments were retired some time ago and are no longer supported. Similarly, transducers for these instruments are no longer available. If seeking a replacement Depth instrument, it would be recommended that an E70064 i40 Depth Instrument and E26009 p7 instrument transducer or E70148 i50 Depth Instrument Pack (includes E26030 D800/P17 transducer) be used to replace the ST30 Depth Instrument and its transducer.