Raymarine forum
Replacement Power Cord - Dragonfly 7 Pro - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: Replacement Power Cord - Dragonfly 7 Pro (/showthread.php?tid=4012)

Replacement Power Cord - Dragonfly 7 Pro - Terry O - 09-23-17 02:40 PM

I plan to use the GPS / mapping feature of my Dragonfly 7 Pro this winter for ice fishing. I'm in need of a power-only cord that I can put an accessory (automotive lighter socket) plug on so I can run the unit in my truck.

Anyone know where I can find such a thing? I find just this accessory on the Raymarine website but it's for the Dragonfly 5 model only.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Replacement Power Cord - Dragonfly 7 Pro - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-26-17 01:50 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Terry,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In the case of Dragonfly 4/5/7 displays, an A80312 CPT 4m Extension Cable would be used for this purpose.

RE: Replacement Power Cord - Dragonfly 7 Pro - Terry O - 09-27-17 06:14 PM

Thanks very much - I really appreciate the information.

RE: Replacement Power Cord - Dragonfly 7 Pro - Terry O - 10-21-17 01:01 PM

The recommended cord did work for this application. Note that while the cord is very long, the power lead is only about 4' in length. That's plenty long for my application but it felt wasteful cutting off the much longer transducer cord at the plug. It would be better (and less expensive I'm sure) if Raymarine offered a short power-only cord for this unit --- but there probably aren't a whole lot of us who have this need.

I've also removed the threaded collar on the unit and I've removed the corresponding Raymarine mounting base in favor of a traditional 1" ram mount assembly. The factory Raymarine ball is 1" so once the threaded collar has been removed it works seamlessly with other 1" ram mount components. Then I bought a ball mount that fits in any standard cup holder so now I can transition from use in the boat to use in the truck easily.

RE: Replacement Power Cord - Dragonfly 7 Pro - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-23-17 11:09 AM

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.