Raymarine forum
E-120 chart plotter question - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: E-120 chart plotter question (/showthread.php?tid=4235)

E-120 chart plotter question - RWSlater - 11-08-17 01:06 PM

I have an E-120 and was wondering if anyone knew the setting to display a line from the bow of the boat to show the heading out to the edge of the display so I can see where I will go 10 miles away.

Thanks

RE: E-120 chart plotter question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-08-17 01:18 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RWSlater,

When interfaced to a source of GPS data, then MFD has the ability to project a Course Over Ground (COG) vector from the bow of the vessel icon displayed within the MFDs Chart application. When interfaced to a source of heading data (ex. autopilot, Smart Heading System, Airmar Weather Station, GPS compass, etc.), then MFD would additionally have the ability to project a Heading (HDG) vector from the bow of the vessel icon displayed within the MFDs Chart application. These vectors may be configured to configure the vector's length to be the approximate distance traveled within a user configured time span or to have the vector's length to be infinite. The command sequence to access the menu to display and configure these vectors is DATA->CHART VECTORS.

RE: E-120 chart plotter question - RWSlater - 11-08-17 01:48 PM

Thank you very much!

RE: E-120 chart plotter question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-08-17 02:01 PM

You're welcome.