Raymarine forum
[CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection (/showthread.php?tid=4386)

Pages: 1 2

[CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Rookie Fisherman - 12-07-17 07:55 PM

I have a brand new single Mercury Verado 250 w/electro hydraulic steering.
It is tied with a bar to a 15 hp kicker for trolling. The AP will mostly be used while trolling.
What would be the recommended evolution kit for this?

Thank you

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-08-17 09:55 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rookie Fisherman,

A Evolution T70157 EV-200 Hydraulic Autopilot and A18127 Verado Hydraulic Hose Kit would be recommended for this application.

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Rookie Fisherman - 12-08-17 03:47 PM

Thanks Chuck!

EV-200 is exactly what I was thinking.
Probably have some more questions soon.
Installing 2 Axiom 9's, The AP & Radar.

Thx again.

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Rookie Fisherman - 12-28-17 12:33 PM

The A18127 Verado Hydraulic hose kit calls for cutting the hydraulic lines and installing T's with hose clamps....not crazy about the hose clamps. Any thoughts?

Also what is the amp draw on the AP system?

Thanks again Chuck!

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-28-17 03:30 PM

Rookie Fisherman,

Q1. The A18127 Verado Hydraulic hose kit calls for cutting the hydraulic lines and installing T's with hose clamps....not crazy about the hose clamps. Any thoughts?
A1. The only alternative to the recommendations specified within the kit would be to replace the currently installed hydraulic lines with third party custom fabricated hydraulic lines.

Q2. Also what is the amp draw on the AP system?
A2. The circuit supplying power to the ACU200 should be protected with a 20A Thermal Breaker or Fuse. Total power consumption will vary based upon sea state and/or amount of steering correction required to have the autopilot steer its the commanded heading or course.

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Rookie Fisherman - 01-01-18 12:50 PM

Thanks Ray! & Happy New Year.

Upon looking at the Raymarine/Verado hose kit I realized that it is only the return/low pressure line that is calling for the tee with hose clamps. So not too big a deal but still may have that done by hydraulic shop to eliminate the hose clamps.

So I have a couple more questions and instead of starting a new thread I will ask them here if that is OK.

So here is my set up to start.

2 Axiom 9's at the helm (One with RV and RV100 Transducer)
1 Axiom 7 at the stern
Quantam Radar
All above to be connected through Raynet network switch.

EV-200 AP w/P70rs Control Head (will be connected via SeaTalk to Main Axiom 9)

So my question will I be able to control the AP from the Axiom 7 at the stern as well since it is connected to the Axiom 9 at the helm via the network switch? Or do I need to connect the Axiom 7 to the SeaTalk as well?

Thank you

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-02-18 11:03 AM

Rookie Fisherman,

Q. Will I be able to control the AP from the Axiom 7 at the stern as well since it is connected to the Axiom 9 at the helm via the network switch?

A. Yes ... as long as both MFDs are switched ON (assumes that the Axiom 9 MFD is the system's Data Master MFD).

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Rookie Fisherman - 01-02-18 11:32 AM

Ok great, Thank you.
How do you determine which MFD is the Data Master? Is this in the set up menu?
Haven't started the install as of yet. Just trying to have as much understanding as possible.

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-02-18 12:43 PM

Rookie Fisherman,

Q1. How do you determine which MFD is the Data Master? Is this in the set up menu?
A1. The Data Master MFD will need to be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. From within the Network tab of the MFD's Settings dialog, the networked MFDs will be listed. The MFD which has been assigned as the system's Data Master MFD will have " - DM" appended to the MFD description listed. When the MFDs are networked together via an Ethernet Network (e.g. RayNet Network Switch) and the system is powered ON, a dialog will be displayed providing the option to designate which MFD will be functioning as the system's Data Master MFD.

RE: [CA] Evolution Auto Pilot Selection - Rookie Fisherman - 01-02-18 02:34 PM

Got it Chuck, Thank you!