Raymarine forum
E7 D Locked up - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: E7 D Locked up (/showthread.php?tid=445)

E7 D Locked up - Salt Chukar - 03-25-16 02:29 PM

Just installed a new E7D and began setting it up I think I may have hit the touch lock button. Now nothing works by touching the screen or using the buttons on the side. I powered it down and when it comes back on and asks me to accept the limitations nothing I try and press seems to do anything.
Another thing that seemed weird is when I took it out of box the wiring harness looked used? And I also could not find a front bezel on two rear bezels??
I also hooked up an ES MFD and I seems to be working fine.

Help!

Al

RE: E7 D Locked up - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-25-16 03:06 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Salt,

Should the e7D MFD's Touch Lock feature have been engaged, then the Touch Lock icon on the MFD's Home screen will be colored red. Use the joystick pointer of the MFD's UniController to highlight (denoted by an orange ring around the selected icon) the Touch Lock icon then then press the UniController's joystick pointer inward (acts as the OK button) toggle the Touch Lock features state to OFF.

The e7/e7D MFDs are packaged with front and rear trim bezels. The front trim bezel features a recess on its face which should be aligned with the MFD's microSD reader door. Should this be a new purchase, then it is recommended that the MFD be returned to the dealer and exchanged should it be short parts.