Raymarine forum
[CA] Displaying Queried Vessel's Name on DSC Position Report - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: [CA] Displaying Queried Vessel's Name on DSC Position Report (/showthread.php?tid=4629)

[CA] Displaying Queried Vessel's Name on DSC Position Report - Bill Kneller - 01-26-18 04:14 PM

I'm running Lighthouse V19.03 on an e125 and e97 MFD networked on a NMEA 2000 bus via an Actisense NGW-1-ISO converter to a Standard Horizon GX2150B VHF radio (DSC & AIS receiver). When I initiate a DSC position request for a vessel from the GX2150B, I am able to see the response on the MFD displayed with the MMSI number. I added vessels to the AIS "Buddy List" on the MFD. Apparently the DSC position report does not use the MMSI to Vessel Name lookup like the AIS function does. I have a third party that does display the vessel name using a similar lookup table.

Is this an oversight in the Lighthouse software?

RE: [CA] Displaying Queried Vessel's Name on DSC Position Report - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-26-18 04:43 PM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Unfortunately, the LightHouse II software does not support linkage of AIS buddies to the MMSI within DSC messages displayed. A feature request will be logged to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse software update as well as within the software for future MFD designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.