Raymarine forum
Why did I get a standard SD card with my new A98? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Why did I get a standard SD card with my new A98? (/showthread.php?tid=463)

Why did I get a standard SD card with my new A98? - 270 Open - 03-29-16 09:31 AM

I just bought a new A98 MFD with preloaded lighthouse vector charts, packaged inside the box is a Lighthouse charts SD card, why? The MFD only accepts micro -SD, what am i supposed to do with the standard SD card?

RE: Why did I get a standard SD card with my new A98? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-29-16 10:08 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Otto,

The memory of Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs is not and can not be pre-loaded with cartography. The Chart application of these MFDs is dependent upon the presence of a compatible LightHouse, Navionics, or C-Map chart card within the MFD's memory card reader when using the MFD. Raymarine a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs may be purchased with a pre-populated LightHouse Charts card, Navionics NAV+ Chart Card, C-Map 4D Essentials Chart Card, or no chart card. The bundled microSD chart card has been slid into the SD to microSD adapter sleeve which you have referred to. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.