Raymarine forum
[CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym (/showthread.php?tid=4689)

[CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym - Tamrow - 02-04-18 10:13 AM

On my Raymarine Axiom there is an acronym in the menu for adding navigation data to app screens (like the chart, radar and data screens) called BOTW; can you tell me what it means? Thank you.

RE: [CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-05-18 04:09 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tamrow,

Would it be possible for you to add a snapshot of the MFD's screen when displaying the acronym that your have referenced?

RE: [CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym - Tamrow - 02-05-18 07:50 PM

I realized after I posted my question that the BOTW Data Item is only available in the Navigation Data Items within the Dashboard App. I used my cellphone to take a picture (see attachments) of the Rolling Road With Data App where I added the BOTW Data item on the right of the screen and the Select Navigation Data Screen where I highlighted the BOTW Data Item at the very top of the screen. Sorry about the confusion. The BOTW Data Item is listed at the top in the Navigation Data Type Table found on page 166 of the Lighthouse 3 (version 3.3xx) PDF manual.

RE: [CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-06-18 11:43 AM

Tamrow,

Unfortunately, the currently available documentation lacks an Acronyms appendix. BOTW: Bearing: Origin To Waypoint

BOTW is the course angle established from the vessel’s orignal position (when navigating (Go To Waypoint / Cursor position or Follow Route has been commanded) to the waypoint being navigated to. When in the middle of following a route, this will be the bearing of course line of the route leg being navigated). Accordingly, BOTW appears to remain constant in value until the vessel arrives within the arrival circle of the waypoint and navigation then transitions to the next waypoint. BTW (Bearing to Waypoint) BTW will differ from BOTW if the vessel drifts away from the course line.

RE: [CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym - Tamrow - 02-07-18 03:17 PM

Thank you for the explanation and for the list of Raymarine acronyms and abbreviations I found posted in General Discussions.

RE: [CA] AXIOM Navigation Acronym - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-08-18 11:17 AM

You're welcome.