Raymarine forum
[CA] Axiom Upgrade from e-series widescreens MFD's - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] Axiom Upgrade from e-series widescreens MFD's (/showthread.php?tid=4754)

[CA] Axiom Upgrade from e-series widescreens MFD's - MrHooper - 02-11-18 05:07 PM

Hi - I have a full Raymarine boat; HD radar, Sirius, autopilot, sounder, two 9" e-series widescreens and one 12" e-series widescreens. How compatible is the equipment on my boat if I were to replace the three MFD's with the new Axiom units? The majority of the equipment is around 10 years old at this point but I'd prefer to start with the MFD's and only replace the remaining items as they need to be replaced, is that an option?

Thanks,
Bill

RE: [CA] Axiom Upgrade from e-series widescreens MFD's - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-13-18 11:57 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Generally, most of the peripheral accessories should be compatible or may be adapted for use with Axiom MFDs. Should the present system feature a SR100 or SR6, then these items will need to be replaced. Should the system feature a DSM30 or DSM300, then this sonar module would need to be replaced with a CP370 or with an Axiom MFD having internal 600W or 1kW 50kHz / 200kHz sounder circuitry ... should the transducer's model number be supplied, then further advice may be provided. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of E-Series Widescreen MFDs with Axiom and/or Axiom Pro MFDs.