Raymarine forum
[CA] Axiom Anchor Alarm - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] Axiom Anchor Alarm (/showthread.php?tid=4819)

[CA] Axiom Anchor Alarm - jgutten60@gmail.com - 02-21-18 08:27 AM

I am interested in using the anchor alarm feature of my Axiom. My question is, how much power draw does the Axiom use per hour? Leaving it on while anchored, using battery power is the concern. I couldn't find the amp draw in the manual.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Guttenberger

RE: [CA] Axiom Anchor Alarm - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-21-18 10:25 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeffrey,

Specifications information (includes power consumption data) for Axiom MFDs may be found within the Axiom MFD web pages of Raymarine's web site. After opening the Axiom MFD's web page, select the screen size (i.e. 7", 9", 12") of Axiom MFD for which you are seeking information. Doing so will display the Axiom MFD web pages pertaining the to all Axiom MFDs of the selected screen size. Next, select the Technical Specifications option from the Specifications link. The Power Consumption specification may be found near the bottom of the listed specifications. Axiom MFD power consumption data is also specified within Chapter 8.1 - Axiom tech spec of the Axiom MFD Instructions. Power consumption level will drop by approximately 1/2 when the MFD's backlight level is reduced to its lowest setting.

RE: [CA] Axiom Anchor Alarm - watsala - 02-22-18 12:15 AM

I measured the power draw on a 9" Axiom from a benchtop power supply in my lab. Its about 1.4 Amps, but even dimming the screen a little bit sent it under 1 Amp.

RE: [CA] Axiom Anchor Alarm - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-22-18 10:36 AM

watsala,

Thanks for the data point.