Raymarine forum
[CA] ECI-100 install to the Raymarine Axiom - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] ECI-100 install to the Raymarine Axiom (/showthread.php?tid=4857)

[CA] ECI-100 install to the Raymarine Axiom - searat11 - 02-26-18 01:58 PM

Hi all,

I want to interface the Yanmar 4JH45 engine to the Raymarine Axiom MFD over the Seatalkng network. I have read what I can find (Raymarine and Yanmar) - it would seem that I need to insert the Raymarine ECI-100 engine interface unit between the Seatalkng network and the engine's "NMEA 2000 system network".

My problem is that I can't physically see any engine system network as described on the Raymarine site. Does anyone have expereince of doing this or similar.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

RE: [CA] ECI-100 install to the Raymarine Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-26-18 02:53 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ian,

Should you not be familiar with your engine's interfaces, then I would strongly recommend contacting the boat builder, Yanmar, or a Certified Raymarine Installer to assist with the installation. The boat builder or Yanmar may be able to identify whether a NMEA 2000 backbone was installed to support the engine system's instrumentation and/or controls, or where each engine's NMEA 2000 connector may be located.

RE: [CA] ECI-100 install to the Raymarine Axiom - searat11 - 02-27-18 11:37 AM

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply.

Yanmar say the engine is not NMEA 2000 compatible but it is listed by Raymarine on the list of Compatible Yanmar Engine Systems.

I will investigate.

Regards,
IAn

RE: [CA] ECI-100 install to the Raymarine Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-27-18 03:42 PM

You're welcome.