Raymarine forum
(DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: (DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability (/showthread.php?tid=4905)

(DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability - boardman74 - 03-05-18 02:28 PM

We purchased a 1990 Wellcraft that has a Raytheon R20X Raster Scan Radar display and a 24" enclosed Radome. The numbers are faded on the Ray dome but from research I believe it to be a M89950(still is Raytheon branded). We believe that these are original units so circa 1990.

The unit (display) does not power up. We boat on the Mississippi/ St Croix River and radar is not a must, honestly have never had a boat with it. Thru research I have found the the displays go bad but rarely do the radomes themselves. I am trying to find a used unit to install just to have an operational unit that is likely to be used just a handful of times a year. I have found a R40X unit and I believe this unit would be a plug and play for the R20X I have.

Can someone lend me some insite please??

RE: (DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-06-18 07:19 AM

Hi boardman74

I believe this is a duplicate post, but the Radome you have can be connected to either a R20X display or an R40X display
Regards

RE: (DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability - boardman74 - 03-06-18 06:47 PM

It was a double because I thought the other one did not post. Then almost 24 hours later they both posted. Sorry for that..

RE: (DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-07-18 05:55 AM

Hi boardman74
no worries, have a great day!