Raymarine forum
(DG) Spade Connectors. - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: (DG) Spade Connectors. (/showthread.php?tid=4909)

(DG) Spade Connectors. - Apsaunders - 03-05-18 08:46 PM

I have purchased the Evolution 100 with ST4000 MKll wheel drive pilot for sailboat. Looking at wiring diagram, I see the wheel drive motor, the harness terminates with wire spades that are to be connected to the ACU 100 Control Unit. There are no spade connectors in the Control Unit. Did I miss something in the instructions, or am I to cut off the spade connectors and insert wires in the "motor drive" screws?

RE: (DG) Spade Connectors. - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-06-18 07:46 AM

Hi Apsaunders

Thank you for your enquiry.

The Wheel drive is supplied with a standard loom cable which has the spade connectors already fitted. To connect this cable to the ACU100, please cut off the spade connectors and bare back the insulation, these bare ends can then be connected into the MOTOR DRIVE screw terminals on the ACU100 terminal PCB.

regards

RE: (DG) Spade Connectors. - Apsaunders - 04-02-18 07:26 AM

Derek,
After cutting the spades off the cable, I'm trying to figure out which wire goes in which connector at the ACU100 terminal. I've looked throughout the instructions and can't find it. I know I stand a 50/50 chance of getting it right, but didn't want to damage anything.

RE: (DG) Spade Connectors. - Mark G - Raymarine UK - 04-03-18 06:13 AM

Hi Apsaunders

Thank you for your enquiry.

The motor connections can go either way without causing any damage, this is how we change the motors direction as this is a reversing DC motor. If you find when you drive the pilot to port the wheel drive moves to starboard, then you can either swap the wires at the ACU100 or you can swap the motor phasing on the control head.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1735]

Regards