Raymarine forum
[CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey (/showthread.php?tid=4932)

[CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey - adfinger@aol.com - 03-07-18 10:47 AM

Last week, we were viewing our 12 inch navigation screen, and all of sudden the screen gradually changed from a white background to a grey background. The change started from the bottom and slowing panned to the top of the screen.

I have tried to reset everything, but still the screen stays grey. If I go to a blue background setting, the background is a blue - grey

What givers - how do I reset it back to white?

RE: [CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-07-18 03:41 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum adfinger,

Within which of the MFD's applications are you seeing the color palette which you have referred to? Please attach a snapshot of the MFD's screen to your response.

RE: [CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey - adfinger@aol.com - 03-09-18 11:31 AM

Chuck, I have the color pallet set on white.
If I reset to blue, the background is blue grey.

RE: [CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey - adfinger@aol.com - 03-12-18 04:34 PM

Attached is a PDF of the screen shot.

RE: [CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-14-18 12:56 PM

adfinger,

It is recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power, that its batteries be permitted to achieve a fully charged state, and afterwards and while still connected to shore power that the system be tested. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that a System Settings Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS RESET) be performed to address the reported symptom. Should the problem persist then it would appear that the MFD has suffered a failure and it would then be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.