Raymarine forum
[CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar (/showthread.php?tid=5019)

Pages: 1 2

[CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Alaskan Sea-Duction - 03-19-18 02:04 PM

I have a eS 179.

I am editing my data bar. I have selected battery voltage 1. It is blank.

I am basically just wanting show total DCv at the unit or on the Sea Talk network. Or does this setting require a harness at a specific battery bank?

Tom

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-19-18 02:43 PM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

Please click here to view a thread in which I had previously addressed this subject. Please be aware that LightHouse 3 v3.3.170 add the Supply Voltage data item to the list of data items which may be displayed by eS-Series MFDs, gS-Series MFDs, Axiom MFDs, and Axiom Pro MFDs.

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Alaskan Sea-Duction - 03-19-18 05:12 PM

Ok. Where do I go to check to see what version I have? If I have the latest update (which I do as I checked for updates) how do I get to Supply voltage? It is not under the battery tab.

Thanks again Chuck

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-20-18 11:24 AM

Tom,

Q1. Where do I go to check to see what version I have?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Raymarine product software update downloads, software update instructions, and software history for each product may be found here. General comment, it is recommended that those having MFDs operating with LightHouse II software consider waiting for the release of LightHouse 3 v3.4.x as its release is very near.

Q2. how do I get to Supply voltage?
A2. Supply voltage is the measured by the MFD itself, and as such no additional hardware would be required. Again, support for this data items was first introduced in LightHouse 3 v3.3.170.

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Alaskan Sea-Duction - 03-20-18 12:04 PM

Thanks Chuck.

I have software Version 19.03.

When editing the Data Bar > select Battery, the only options I have is battery 1-4.

How do I find supply voltage so I can use it in my data bar?

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-20-18 02:48 PM

Tom,

Per my earlier responses, the Supply Voltage data item was first introduced in LightHouse 3 v3.3.170. Your MFD is currently running LightHouse II v19.03 software and as such does not list the Supply Voltage data item. Should you update your MFD's software then Supply Voltage will be listed among the available data items.

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Alaskan Sea-Duction - 03-20-18 03:09 PM

Ok, now I understand. I need to download LH 3.

So the eS127 is tied to a c97. The 127 is the master.

After reading the warning regarding LH 3, do I have any issues with my c97 being the slave to the eS127. I understand there may not be some features available on the c97 due to memory constraints.

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-21-18 08:46 AM

Tom,

Q1. After reading the warning regarding LH 3, do I have any issues with my c97 being the slave to the eS127. I understand there may not be some features available on the c97 due to memory constraints.

A1. It appears that you may not fully understand the limitations stated within the LightHouse 3 software update web pages and FAQs addressing LightHouse 3 software. LightHouse 3 software cannot be installed into a/c/e-Series MFDs. Accordingly, your c97 MFD may only run LightHouse II software. Should the eS127 MFD be interfaced via an Ethernet network to an a/c/e-Series MFD, then the eS127 MFD's software must not be updated with LightHouse 3 software. Failure to heed will cause the system to alarm continuously, preventing use of the system. Accordingly, should you desire to see the supply voltage data item, then the c97 MFD would need to be replaced with an eS/gS-Series MFD or an Axiom/Axiom Pro MFD, and the eS127 MFD would then both MFDs within the system would need to be updated with the same version of LightHouse 3 software. The only other option would be to install a NMEA 2000 battery monitoring device(s) as specified within FAQ referenced within my initial response.

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Alaskan Sea-Duction - 03-21-18 11:23 AM

Thank you. I want to make sure I understand my new eS127 MFD.

So bottom line, a eS127 MFD with LH3 will not be able to communicate with my c97 with LH II. So both units must have LH II.

Can a upgrade ticket be created so Raymarine can put the supply voltage in LH II?

RE: [CA] Battery Voltage on Data Bar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-21-18 11:55 AM

Tom,

Q1. So bottom line, a eS127 MFD with LH3 will not be able to communicate with my c97 with LH II. So both units must have LH II.
A1. Correct.

Q2. Can a upgrade ticket be created so Raymarine can put the supply voltage in LH II?
A2. Please be aware that after nineteen plus software releases for LightHouse II, no further updates are planned for LightHouse II. All MFD software development will be targeted to LightHouse 3 and MFD software which may replace LightHouse 3.