Raymarine forum
[CA] Tiller Pin Linear Drive 2 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] Tiller Pin Linear Drive 2 (/showthread.php?tid=5123)

[CA] Tiller Pin Linear Drive 2 - NautiDog - 04-02-18 11:46 AM

Hello, the tiller pin has sheared off on my Type 2 Linear drive. The only thing I could locate for replacement is Part #K065. I have no idea how old my unit is and am assuming the pin does look different now. I am attaching a picture of the broken tiller pin, it is 3 1/8 long in the picture...the missing piece of the bolt is still down in the bilge so I do not know its length. The shaft thickness is 1/2 inch. Could you tell me if the K065 is indeed the replacement pin for my installation. thanks

RE: [CA] Tiller Pin Linear Drive 2 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-04-18 02:09 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum NautiDog,

K065 is indeed the correct part number for the tiller pin for a Type 2 Linear Drive.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may purchase Raymarine parts.

RE: [CA] Tiller Pin Linear Drive 2 - NautiDog - 04-05-18 06:13 AM

Thanks Chuck, I guess that what I need now is an opinion. From the picture and the dimensions would it be your opinion that the K065 will fit my installation or has a previous owner had to make his own pin because of how the unit was installed. It is a bit of a big deal to get parts where we are sailing and really need to be sure. I know you can’t make any statement as fact with so little information and I realize I am asking for an educated opinion. I would prefer to get the actual Raymarine part but would have to get one fabricated if that was my only choice. Thanks

RE: [CA] Tiller Pin Linear Drive 2 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-05-18 07:43 AM

NautiDog,

Based upon the information provided, the pictured pin appears to be the K065 tiller pin.