Raymarine forum
RayNet to STHS Connection - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Marine Weather / Satellite Radio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+--- Thread: RayNet to STHS Connection (/showthread.php?tid=523)

RayNet to STHS Connection - John Pecora - 04-04-16 05:58 PM

Hi Tech,
Is a cross-over coupler needed when connecting RayNet devices to a STHS network switch via an A80160 Adapter Cable or is this a direct hookup? And, is this means preferred to connecting via the network port in a MFD or doesn’t it matter either way? I am replacing a SR100 with a SR150 & the STHS switch is the only device in my network that is not RayNet—I can connect either way but prefer using the A80160 to the STHS switch since that cabling is already in place (I'm replacing an SR100 with an SR150)
Thanks,
John

RE: RayNet to STHS Connection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-05-16 09:17 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Should the system feature an Ethernet Switch (ex. HS5 RayNet Network Switch, SR6 (retired), or SeaTalkHS Network Switch (retired), then no crossover coupler would typically be used. If replacing a SR100 with a SR150 and a SeaTalkhs Cable already be installed for the SR100, then this cable may then be adapted (w/A80160 SeaTalkhs (F) to RayNet (F) Adapter) to mate to a SR150's Network socket. If replacing a SR100 with a SR150 and installing a new cable, then an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 Cable would be used to interface the SR150's Network socket to the SeaTalkhs Network Switch.

RE: RayNet to STHS Connection - John Pecora - 04-05-16 05:08 PM

Thanks Chuck,
I'll be going with the A80160 adapter cable which will offer a simple connection to my network

John

RE: RayNet to STHS Connection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-06-16 09:11 AM

You're welcome.