Raymarine forum
[CA] i60 wind true vs. ground wind - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [CA] i60 wind true vs. ground wind (/showthread.php?tid=5267)

[CA] i60 wind true vs. ground wind - Harlen - 04-23-18 04:41 PM

My power boat needs a Ground Wind readout from the i60, but the user's manual only lists a choice between True and Apparent wind. If an i60 is connected to my SeaTalk network that is connected to a GPS and a compass via the Auto pilot, will I get Ground Wind on the "True Wind" setting?

If yes, will the Ground Wind info appear on both the i60 display and on my E Series Classic chartplotter?

Thanks.

PS: If available, do you have a screen shot of the wind info on a chartplotter?

I know have asked some of these questions before but I want to be sure I am buying what I need before the purchase.

RE: [CA] i60 wind true vs. ground wind - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-24-18 11:26 AM

Harlen,

The i60 MFD is exclusively designed to display the True Wind and Apparent Wind data items. To display True Wind, the i60 Wind must be interfaced to each of the sources of data specified within the FAQ found here. In additional to the wind data items supported by the i60 Wind, Raymarine's MFDs and i70/i70S MFIDs are also capable of displaying Ground Wind data when interfaced to each of the sources of data specified within the FAQ found here. Unfortunately, I don't have any screen snapshots of the E-Series Classic MFD displaying Ground wind ... that said, it would simply appears as numerical speed and direction (0-359 degrees) values.