Raymarine forum
[CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 (/showthread.php?tid=5461)

[CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - MSjack - 05-14-18 02:40 PM

Just connected an EV-1 Sensor Core to my es127 that is running the latest version of LH3 (v3.4.66). The EV-1 is functioning properly and I am not running an autopilot just using the EV-1 as a reliable low speed heading source. My question is where in the LH3 setting menu can I check the current version of firmware on my EV-1? Because I do not have an autopilot I was thinking it might be in that set of menu options that I do not have active?

RE: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-16-18 12:08 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

The Diagnostic features of LightHouse 3 software have not yet been completed as of the LightHouse 3 v3.4.66 software update. A partial list of SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices (including software levels) which have been interfaced to the MFD may be accessed via the command sequence HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->VIEW ALL PRODUCT INFO.

RE: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - MSjack - 05-16-18 03:03 PM

Thanks Chuck. I will perform that sequence and check the F/W version of EV-1.

Another question - does the EV-1 F/W automatically update with new LH3 F/W installs or do you have to go into setting to tell the EV-1 to update? I think I read somewhere in the forums that networked devices F/W updates are included in any LH3 update packages.

Thanks again.

RE: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-16-18 03:36 PM

MSjack,

Should the LightHouse v3.4.66 software be downloaded from the LightHouse 3 software update web page of Raymarine's website, you will find that it is a compressed folder, containing the software update files for all products which may be updated via an Axiom / Axiom Pro MFD.

RE: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - MSjack - 05-17-18 07:31 AM

I do not currently have an Axiom unit installed on the boat just a single es127 running LH3 so is there any other way to update the EV-1 without an Axiom on the network?

RE: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-17-18 08:37 AM

MSjack,

It is recommended that the Axiom v3.4.66 software update compressed folder be downloaded per my last response (I am aware that you have an eS-Series MFD). After commanding the MFD to check the card for updates, select only the EV-1 CCU update.

RE: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - MSjack - 05-17-18 10:28 AM

Wait I might have misunderstood I need to use the Axiom update package not the es series LH3 package and just update the remote devices not the MFD...

RE: [CA] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-17-18 10:49 AM

You're last response is correct.

RE: [CA11] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - MSjack - 05-17-18 12:33 PM

I noticed under autopilot updates that this file is included and rather than downloading the entire LH3 Axiom version with other product updates can I just copy this single file to SD and use it to update the EV-1?

CCU_ReleaseV2_18.pkg 841KB

RE: [CA11] EV-1 Firmware version info via LH3 menus on an es127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-17-18 01:08 PM

MSjack,

Negative. The file titled ray_Pilots_20170519_upgrade.iso from the compressed AXIOM_Upgrade_&_Networked_ISOs folder will need to be copied to the root level directory of the microSD memory card.