Raymarine forum
Where to buy transducer plugs - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: Where to buy transducer plugs (/showthread.php?tid=551)

Where to buy transducer plugs - basssears - 04-07-16 04:05 PM

Have just ordered the i50 speed pack with the P120 transducer (E70147) and the i50 depth pack with the P139 transducer (E70148).

My question is where I can source plugs for these transducer through hulls... I would like them in case of emergency and also so I can do a quick in water swap from transducer to plug for maintenance & troubleshooting (particularly on P120 speed wheel which I'll want to clean every once in a while).

(Yes, I'm aware water will be coming into the boat until I get the plug in... that's why I want the plug ;-) )

Does anyone have a source / part number for the right plug(s)?

TIA,

-- Bass

RE: Where to buy transducer plugs - Steve - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-08-16 10:35 AM

We recommend the transducers manufacturer's AIRMAR North American distributor GEM Electronics Company for any parts or accessories of transducers.

RE: Where to buy transducer plugs - basssears - 04-08-16 06:20 PM

(04-08-16 10:35 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  We recommend the transducers manufacturer's AIRMAR North American distributor GEM Electronics Company for any parts or accessories of transducers.

OK, so looking through Airmar catalog I find part #33-481-01 which appears to be blanking plug for the P120 speed / temp sensor... sound right?

However, I can't find a blanking plug for the P319 depth transducer... what am I missing?

-- Bass

RE: Where to buy transducer plugs - basssears - 04-09-16 03:02 PM

(04-08-16 10:35 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  We recommend the transducers manufacturer's AIRMAR North American distributor GEM Electronics Company for any parts or accessories of transducers.

OK, thanks... checked out the catalog, looks to me part #33-481-01 is the right "blanking plug" for the P120, but I can't find a blanking plug for the P319 anywhere in that catalog... could that be right?

-- Bass

RE: Where to buy transducer plugs - Steve - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-11-16 10:22 AM

Well, if there isn't a blanking plug is because the transducer is not retractable transducer. The P120 does sound correct for the speed transducer. I would recommend contacting GEM Electronics, you can tell them the style and the electronics it's connected to and they will be able to give you options.

RE: Where to buy transducer plugs - iRondo - 06-04-18 06:05 PM

Does Airmar make Raymarine transducers?

RE: Where to buy transducer plugs - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-05-18 03:57 AM

Hi iRondo

Airmar supply most Raymarine transducers with the exception of the Dragonfly and downvision series of transducers.

The blanking plug you require willbe made by Airmar.
Regards
Derek