Raymarine forum
[CA11] rename MFDs - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA11] rename MFDs (/showthread.php?tid=5515)

[CA11] rename MFDs - MSEPA - 05-20-18 11:51 AM

When I first installed my 5 Axiom MFDs I renamed them based on location. Since then I did a factory reset but did not rename the MFDs again. I cannot figure out where to go to rename them again. Do I need to perform a factory reset again and enter the new names at that time? As usual, thank you for your assistance.

Marc

RE: [CA11] rename MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-22-18 12:48 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Marc,

While it is not possible to name the MFDs, it is possible to create a set of Profiles (one for each MFD) which may be named to suit your needs. Detailed information concerning how to create Profiles may be found within Chapter 5.4 User profiles of the LightHouse 3.4 Advanced Operation Instructions. Doing so and then chosing the created profile will cause it's name to be displayed within the MFD's Home screen

RE: [CA11] rename MFDs - MSEPA - 05-22-18 02:08 PM

Thanks Chuck. What I was referring to when saying "rename", was the way each Axiom MFD appears on a cell phone or tablet when using Ray Remote. I previously renamed each unit by location so when they all showed up under wifi I could choose by name and not serial number. I just can't recall how I did it in the earlier software version and can't find an option to do it now.

Marc

RE: [CA11] rename MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-22-18 02:29 PM

Marc,

The Wi-Fi name of the Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs may be configured via the command Wi-Fi Name configuration setting (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->WI-FI CONNECTION SETTINGS->WI-FI NAME). Detailed information on this subject may be found within Chapter 16.2 Connecting a mobile device to your MFD of the LightHouse 3.4 Advanced Operation Instructions.

RE: [CA11] rename MFDs - MSEPA - 05-22-18 04:30 PM

Thank you Chuck. That's what I needed to know and could not remember.

RE: [CA11] rename MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-23-18 08:27 AM

You're welcome.