Raymarine forum
[CA11] Axiom 9 to Airmar b744v transducer connection issue - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA11] Axiom 9 to Airmar b744v transducer connection issue (/showthread.php?tid=5516)

[CA11] Axiom 9 to Airmar b744v transducer connection issue - Rcfiftyone - 05-20-18 03:06 PM

Ok I finally got the correct Axiom 9 with sonar capability. I have not yet been able to haul the boat to install the RV transducer. In the mean time I was hoping to use my already installed airmar b744v transducer. I have purchased the appropriate Y-cable as well as the 7 pin to dsm300 adapter cable. I hooked everything up but the Axiom does not detect any sonar connected. The airmar transducer worked fine with the previous C90w/dsm300 setup. What could be the problem here? Is there a way to diagnose the transducer by testing between different pins for ohms/resistance values? Is it possible that the RV transducer needs to be connected as well to complete some internal circuit? Thanks again for your help

RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 to Airmar b744v transducer connection issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-22-18 12:57 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rcfiftyone,

Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs are not compatible with the DSM30, DSM300, and CP300. When using a Y-Cable for an Axiom RV MFD, both the RealVision transducer(s) and the 50kHz/200kHz transducer must be interfaced to the Y-Cable. If the 50kHz/200kHz transducer will be used alone with the MFD at any time, then the A80489 Axiom RV Adapter Cable must be used with the 50kHz/200kHz transducer.