Raymarine forum
[CA11] a98 visibility - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA11] a98 visibility (/showthread.php?tid=5525)

[CA11] a98 visibility - Lostriver - 05-21-18 11:02 AM

I have an a98 and I have trouble seeing the details on the screen when fishing in bright sunlight. Can you let me know if I can make the screen more viewable in bright sunlight? I would appreciate the help. Is the backlight the only light adjustment for the screen?

Also, I tried to attach a view of the shortcuts page for shared brightness adjustment page for my MFD. On the shared brightness line, there is a vertical line towards the moon (low backlight) side of that slide bar. What does that vertical line represent and how can it be adjusted?

Thank you for your help.

RE: [CA11] a98 visibility - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-24-18 08:22 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lost River,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the Shared Brightness graphic within the Shortcuts menu. Should the Shared Brightness setting on the a98 be moved to either the position of a vertical bar displayed on the right hand side of the Shared Brightness graphic or to the extreme right hand side of the graphic, then the MFD screen illumination will be at its maximum.

We rarely get reports of insufficient brightness of MFDs running LightHouse 2 or LightHouse 3 software. However, it is understandable that combinations of strong sunlight and off angle viewing (vertical and/or horizontal) may make it difficult to view the MFD's screen under such conditions. Should adjusting the MFD's viewing angle not then permit the MFD's screen to be easily viewed under direct sunlight conditions, then fabrication of a shade may improve ability to view the MFD's screen under such conditions. Should there be a concern that the MFD's backlighting circuitry is not functioning properly, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.