Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Evolution Auto Pilot and powered back bone - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Evolution Auto Pilot and powered back bone (/showthread.php?tid=5650)

[CA11] Evolution Auto Pilot and powered back bone - Svbelle - 06-03-18 07:00 AM

I am installing these items: ACU 400,EV-1,, 3 i70s, ITC-5 running wind, speed and depth.

The previous setup was Axiom 12", Smart Pilot, 2 x St60 tridata, 1 x st60 wind with the powered backbone for nmea 2000/seatalk.

Do I still leave the power connected to the backbone? Or does the power for this come thru the ACU 400 autopilot now?

Thanks!

RE: [CA11] Evolution Auto Pilot and powered back bone - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-04-18 02:10 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Svbelle,

It is considered to be a best installation practice to supply power to the backbone from a dedicated switched 12VDC power source rather than from an autopilot ACU or course computer. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone continue to be powered through a power insertion spur and that the SeaTalkng Power switch of the ACU-400 be configured to the OFF position.

RE: [CA11] Evolution Auto Pilot and powered back bone - Svbelle - 06-04-18 08:00 PM

Thank you so much. I totally missed the power option on the acu panel above the sea talk plug.

Over thinking and not reading.

RE: [CA11] Evolution Auto Pilot and powered back bone - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-05-18 08:40 AM

You're welcome.