Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. (/showthread.php?tid=5884)

[CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. - StriperMemories - 06-24-18 12:25 PM

My Triton LTS 220 originally came from the factory with a glued-in Lowrance puck transducer. I have recently switched all of the electronics to Raymarine (Axiom 7, 9, and 12). Is it possible to use the existing transducer?

RE: [CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-26-18 08:57 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum StriperMemories,

Axiom DV MFDs and Axiom RV MFDs are compatible with a limited set of Airmar branded transducers. If the transducer was manufactured by Airmar, Inc., then it would feature a tag which would be affixed to the plug end of the transducer's cable. If supplied with a photo of this tag which clearly identifies its manufacturer and model number, then we may be able to make a determination regarding whether it may be adapted for use with an Axiom DV MFD or an Axiom RV MFD.

RE: [CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. - StriperMemories - 06-29-18 04:29 PM

Chuck, I checked out the transducer today. Found no label. The plug is the Lowrance Blue plug.

Thanks.

RE: [CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-02-18 07:50 AM

StriperMemories,

Unfortunately, it would then appear that the transducer may not be used with Raymarine's MFDs.

RE: [CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. - StriperMemories - 07-02-18 08:38 PM

Thanks for the response Chuck. I am getting good bottom readings at speed with my RV-100 so there is really no need for the thru Hull transducer.

RE: [CA11] Using glued in transducer with Axiom. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-03-18 08:36 AM

You're welcome.