Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 (/showthread.php?tid=5936)

[CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - Glenn - 06-28-18 02:49 PM

I have an Axiom 9, and in crossing Lake Michigan at night recently, I discovered that the display was too bright causing night blindness for me at the helm of my 36 foot sailboat. I turned the brightness down really low and it helped a bit, but reading things became much more difficult. Is there a night setting for the display which will help to alleviated night blindness? My old third party chartplotters automatically switched to a night screen after sun set which was very easy on the eyes and did not lead to night blindness caused by white light.

RE: [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-28-18 03:33 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Glenn,

LightHouse 3 software does not presently support a night color palette. A feature request has been logged to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update as well as in future products.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.

RE: [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - Gypsy King - 09-04-19 08:49 AM

Any news on this feature? I really miss it.

A few days ago I was caught by a nasty thunderstorm one night at anchor.
With heavy rain and 50 knots of wind I lost my orientation and I had the feeling my anchor was dragging. I turned on my Axiom 12 to see what was going on but this meant I could not see ANYTHING else - in particular the other boats anchored in the bay, let alone the shoreline.
The touch method to lower the backlight is very poor in such a situation - the unit really should switch to night colors by default after sunset.

RE: [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - cbessert - 12-17-19 04:07 PM

I was looking for ways to turn night mode on the other evening because the screen was so bright I kept losing my points.......

Ditto what Gypsy King stated.....hope it is added.

Thanks Chuck

RE: [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-18-19 09:57 AM

Until implemented, the MFD's backlight level should be adjusted to a lower / lowest setting when operating at night.

RE: [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - zigzag930 - 01-04-20 01:10 PM

Hopefully, when implemented - there will be a "quick" select button to toggle day/night mode.

Additionally, it would be nice if there was some way to have the display offer to do this automatically based on "Sunset/Sunrise" times.

RE: [CA11] Night Screen for Axiom 9 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-06-20 09:49 AM

Noted.